Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Arrabbiata on Stage part 6



Word got out that the BAC painters would be reassembling today one more time at the Algonquin for a last painting session.  I was assigned to work on stage, adding more of our stone design to the facing areas of the "steps" of the central platform.  Having been part of that effort on other pieces last week, I knew what I needed to do.  Before today a medium neutral color had been scumbled onto all the facing (front, right, left) surfaces.  Pat marked the basic shapes of stones and mortar with chalk while I gathered the paint.  I started with a dark gray, painting the mortar lines around the stones.  After that, I sponged on a watered down white/yellow mix, matching the "highlights" as painted on the stones for the wall pieces last week.  Above, the steps, and a little adjacent piece of wall just to the left, were things I painted today, despite being surrounded by the chaos of other set construction, lighting tests, and a fog machine.  Below, a wider shot of the main set, with the panels in the castle exterior position.


That pretty much ends the BAC involvement in this project.  The show opens on Friday, so if there is anything else left to be done, someone else will have to be doing it.  I'm looking forward to seeing the show this weekend and checking out how my efforts look from the seats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home