Saturday, May 04, 2013

St Pamphilus part 4



I had taken the current block home with me after my last Studio visit, so I could spend time looking at it and figure out what it needed.  I took it back to the Studio this afternoon to address some of those issues.  I had concluded that the perspective wasn't working on my redrawn plate, that is, the part on the far side (above) the pancake.  It had become rounder, but that made it feel tilted up.  So today I lowered the far edge about 3/8" and smoothed out the curve to match.  I think the perspective works much better now.  And after considering a few more positions, I eliminated the other hand holding the plate.  It wasn't a lack of ability to draw an accurate hand, but that I realized that the plate was kind of small, only a little larger than the pancake about to be dropped on it.  No need to use two hands to hold a plate this size, and they'd have to be so close together it would be kind of an awkward way to hold a plate.  I liked the new version of the drawing, but decided to sleep on it before doing anything else with that upper part of the image.  However, while there I did a little more cutting- reshaping the end of the tongs and cutting away a bit more of the top side of the pancake.  I'm hoping to get back in tomorrow for a few hours and knock out some of the other major pieces of the image area.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home