Saturday, April 27, 2013

How to Find a Woodcut Demo


Tomorrow afternoon I'll be demonstrating some basic block cutting in downtown Belmar as part of the annual Belmar Art Walk.  I was late to volunteer, so at first I didn't know where I might end up.  Then I got an e-mail from the organizer telling me that I'd be either inside or in front of a yoga studio on Main Street, and gave me the address.  Saw on a map that it was on the block between 9th and 10th, on the side closer to the train.  I parked in the plaza parking lot, then walked through the plaza to Main.


Before long I came to the place above with the green awning with "yoga" in bright purple letters.  However, through the window it looked long abandoned, dusty, cracked tile.  And the address did not match the one I had been told.


I walked south about 3 or 4 more storefronts and came to another yoga studio.  Much larger, and this location was furnished.  Not open that morning, but looking like it was functioning business.  But again, the address didn't match the one I was given, nor did the name on the door.


Again I continued south, passed another 3 or 4 businesses and then came to my destination, the building with the blue top and the pink chairs in front.  This is Bella Buddha, at 921 Main Street.  It was closed that day, but I went back yesterday and spoke to the owner.  She verified that she'd be open and expecting me.  So if you want to see some free woodcutting, stop by on Sunday from 1 to 3 pm, then check out the rest of what's going on along Main.  And if you're looking to do some yoga, this one block seems to be the headquarters for the region.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home