Saturday, June 14, 2014

Art on the Edge Opening



Today was the opening for the latest Art on the Edge show.  Coming into this we've all been concerned about how the simultaneous Seafood Festival would affect it.  I love the Seafood Festival, but the sudden addition of 50,000 visitors per day to a small town like Belmar, plus the usual summer crowd, meant that parking would be quite a challenge.  I got there about a half hour before the scheduled start and was happy to find three spots on the street just in front of the building.  They must have just been vacated.  I quickly grabbed one, and before I was out of my car, the other two were occupied.


Eventually people did find their way to the gallery.  The overall attendance probably wasn't as high as some past years, but I'm sure we passed the 100 mark easily.


One of my pieces was in the front room (above) and the other was in the back room (below).  In a show like this, they did not stand out as unusual or extreme, but I did get a few compliments on each.


The show is up for another couple of weeks, then it's time to make way for the next one.  These two pieces will be up on the wall for the first meeting of my next woodcut class, and today I learned that I have two officially registered students.  That means it will run, and I have another week plus to build on those numbers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home