Tuesday, July 29, 2014

School's Back in Session


The latest round of woodcut classes in Belmar started tonight.  I had five students total.  One who actually started during week 4 of the previous session, my two new students from last time are continuing where they left off, one who was in my class two years ago and decided to return, and one truly new person.  Having been granted some storage space for the duration of the class, I went over in the afternoon with a first load of class supplies, and took advantage of the space to reorganize my tote bags of ink, brayers, etc.  Then in time for class I brought over everything else.

With a very mixed group of experience and goals, I was busy running from person to person most of the night, making sure everyone had what they needed.  Wood for those who needed it, a quick tool demonstration here, a printing evaluation there.  Showed print group folios to the new people to expose them to ideas.  This last thing was leading up to a demonstration of chin colle, creating a piece I intend to submit to an upcoming fiber themed show, but in keeping everyone going, I ran short of time to finish preparing the paper to be attached.  I can wait another week to complete that piece and still make the deadline, so I decided to do just that, and use the remaining class time to help the students with their various ongoing pieces.

Thanks to my new storage area, loading the car to go home took only a few minutes, but that came after about a half hour of organizing the class supplies and room cleaning.  Still, that's faster than some nights when I do this.  Meanwhile, we're off and running, and everyone seems excited to make woodcuts.  And as usual, too hectic to take photos tonight, but I should have an update on my progress on the fiber piece in a day or two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home