Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Summer Woodcuts Continue



Tonight was the second night of early summer woodcutting in Belmar.  Had to leave home before the USA Belgium match was finished.  Saw the first goal scored (Belgium), on my radio driving to the Boatworks I heard the second (Belgium) and third (United States), at which point I got there and started unloading and setting up.  All three students were on time this week, and all had done some work on their blocks since last week.  Mary continued on her latest multiblock project, for which I had brought a Diebenkorn book to show her some things relating to abstract color design, which seemed relevant to her project.  My two new students had started drawings, so after showing them a few things that had been asked about last week, I did a demonstration of cutting and let everyone get to work.  Progress was slow, but everyone had learned to use their tools and no one had gotten hurt, so a successful night. The only real problem was that things were so busy, once again I didn't get around to taking any new photos, to above is an old one of Mary cutting a block, just as she did tonight.  Probably more cutting next week, but I'll have printing supplies ready in case anyone gets that far.

And in case you hadn't heard, the US team, despite a bunch of late game chance, couldn't get another goal, so we're out now, but I'm sure I'll watch a few more games.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home