Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Summer Workshop is Back



Summer is officially here, and so is the first round of summer woodcut workshop.  I had two official sign ups by last week, and my most loyal student Mary (having just returned from hand printing some 12 foot woodcuts in Portland) showed up to give us a third.  The other two are brand new, each with some woodcut interest but not much experience.  We had the usual first day, mostly looking at prints, some of mine and a lot from my collection, plus looking through books at some historical prints.  It's also traditional on the first day that I'm too busy to take photos, so here's a file photo of the heaps of materials and tools I bring with me for class each time.  Everyone got some wood to take home, and advice on their ideas for first projects.  Maybe next week we'll have something to show.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home