Monday, May 11, 2015

Another Late Critique


Once again, the critique group was delayed from its usual first Monday of the month slot.  Molly had been involved in the play where she teaches and suggested the 2nd Monday to give her time to rest up.  I was teaching my last woodcut class on the 1st Monday, so I agreed.  I confirmed the date with her late  last week, then got the e-mails out.  And of course on Saturday she told me she wasn't going to come after all.  Can't say I was surprised.  Got up to Studio by around 5 pm to make sure I had parking and to sketch out an idea for the next print, so I'd have something to show.


Got close to 7:00 and I was still by myself, but then some of our regulars started to show.  We ended up  with a total of 4, including myself.  This group had missed me presenting my completed supermarket rubble print, and were asking me about it, so I included it as part of my presentation.  The above photo shows my rubble block and a rough sketch for my Battle of Hastings inspired print, plus two new blocks in progress from Mary, and three small sculptures from Margery.


Above are two rubbings Mary took of her new blocks, both of which have some really detailed and delicate carving.  She's really enjoying her newly acquired top of the line tools.  Below are four small mixed media paintings from Sheilagh.


Despite the use of the timer, we did digress from the art in front of us a few times, but still we finished a few minutes early.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home