Saturday, January 30, 2016

Keeping Busy with Nothing to Show for it


Haven't put much on the blog lately, for a few reasons.  First of all, I've had other things in life to deal with- beginning of the semester, digging out from the latest blizzard, and last weekend the priority of getting my computer back to working again.  All of those things were dealt with.  Another thing that does impact on the blog is that at the moment I am not able to edit and upload photos.  I can type (which I couldn't do a week ago), so I can at least tell you what's going on, even if I can't show it.

My busy day started with a trip to the Boatworks in Belmar.  We had received e-mails reminding us that yesterday was the end date for the Old Shoes show, meaning today was the day to pick up the works.  St Lambert may have dropped his shoe, but I picked it up.  Someone asked me if I was submitting anything to any upcoming shows there.  I bypassed the photo show being installed today, but the one after that has a Hollywood theme.  Not something that I focus on in my work.  But as I thought about it, perhaps the Fourth of July prints relating to the making of my animated film.  I'll have to look into that.

Next stop was to get some wood at Home Depot.  Got a gift card for Christmas, got ideas for prints, but got no wood right now, and no prints get made until I get some.  Took longer than I wanted it to driving there, detours related to construction projects.   And it was annoying that they never cleared all the snow from their parking lot, requiring some interesting paths to reach parking.  But they did have wood, so I got a 2" x 4" panel of half inch birch and loaded it in the car.

From there across Neptune to Ocean Grove and the Studio.  Not working today, but things to do.  First, stash my new piece of wood until I'm ready to make use of it.  Of more significance today, next weekend is the drop off for artwork for the 2016 Winter Arts Festival and I was hoping to get some information.  Good news- they did get the main lot cleared of snow, which doesn't always happen.  Definitely not a given last winter.  Bad news- neither Brendan nor Ian were around, and as the ones in charge of this show, the only ones who would know details.  I was hoping to learn how much space I'd be given, so I'd know how many pieces to bring.  Herb said probably about the same as last year, which would be fine.  I'll try to get some confirmation details during the week, but for now I'll plan for 6 framed supermarket prints.  I had told Ian that one of my pieces would be getting its first viewing in this show (the supermarket print with the bricks from last year), and I picked up the copy I had in my rack.  I'll swap it for one in frame during the week.

Stopped at home for lunch and then out again to Manasquan.  A while back I went through my stored artwork in the basement, and today I was picking some up.  In this case, two framed supermarket prints in their own box, the ones I had in a show in Newark a couple of summers ago.  Thanks to the box, easy to carry home, and to carry to the Studio next week.

So no new art made today, but plenty of important stuff got done.  And if I had gotten any art done, you wouldn't be able to see it here.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home