Friday, January 08, 2016

Back In Business



Tomorrow is the intake day for the next exhibition at the Boatworks, our annual Salon show to kick off the new year.  It's an open show (not juried, but they reserve the right to reject things that don't fit the rules) and this year the theme is Old Shoes.  Having cut something like 1000 blocks, there are few themes I don't have something that fits, and this St Lambert print will do fine.  Artists are asked to briefly present the works and all the saint prints come with a story.

I have about a dozen framed saint prints, mostly recent ones that have been in recent shows.  This print dates back to 1994, and while it has been shown since then, it lost its place in a frame a number of years  ago.  Somewhere in the vicinity of Christmas while at my parents' house I picked up one of the framed saint prints I had stored there and brought it home, so I could swap the one in the frame for one of my Lambert prints.  No need to drag all this stuff up to the Studio- an old drawing board on the bed provided enough work space for this simple process, so I reopened the Late Night Frame Shop.  Took about 10 minutes, and now I'm all set for tomorrow morning's delivery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home