Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Christmas Time?



My supermarket job is now almost a week into the past, and my classes have had their last meetings.  Grades are still being calculated, but that process is well underway.  And from this point on, the days are actually starting to get longer.  Temperatures were expected to hit around 70 degrees today, which does make it hard to believe we are just days from Christmas.  Considering the past few winters, I'm kind of glad that cold and snow is taking its time getting here this year.

But the calendar marches on, so I've got to get going on my annual Christmas card.  Got the idea of what to do a few weeks ago, but with everything else, had no time to start sketching out the specifics.  Picked up suitable print paper over the weekend, and this morning finally officially began the process.  I have a bunch of irregular scraps of wood in my car, left over from the Belmar workshops, but the cards don't need much.  Brought a book with me with the inspiring image and did a basic pencil sketch, though wanting a further reference for my changes, that's as far as I could take it today.  But did verify the supply of other materials and tools, and tore the paper down to the proper size, enough to print several proofs.

Took the block home and finished the sketch at my kitchen table in the evening.  Even started cutting out a few of the figures.  The plan is to go to the Studio early tomorrow, finish the block and pull several proof, so that I can color one successful copy to post here on Friday.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hazel Donovan said...

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I’m looking forward to your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
cash for cars logan
car removal logan

3:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home