Wednesday, September 09, 2015

Night Falling



Been a while since I had some work on display in Belmar, and there's a show coming up next week that I might fit into.  It's called Dark Of Night, and has a theme of night, horror, etc.  I do have two pieces that would be perfect except for that they've both been shown already, which would put them against the exhibition rules, plus my own policy of not showing a work more than once in the same place.

One thing I could do to get around that was go with a Fourth of July piece, and then color it, so it would be a new piece.  One image in particular I thought would work well, but when I stopped by the Studio a few days ago to look for the block, it was one that had been destroyed by Sandy. I did set aside two other possibilities, and a seasonally shortened supermarket schedule allowed me to stop back this afternoon and quickly pull a couple of proofs.  The above prints are April 9th and November 2nd, and I think they could be colored to make them fit the show theme better.  I left them in the rack to dry, and I'll go back and see about coloring them in a few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home