Thursday, February 18, 2016

Running Around


There's a show deadline next week in Belmar, an open type show called Hooray for Hollywood.  As I mentioned previously, I didn't think I would have anything for this show, but after considering the Fourth of July set and verifying that I still had one of the blocks (the one about reading the novel of the Godfather over spring break that year), I printed up another copy last week.  With the ink mostly dried up it's not a great proof, but I knew I'd be adding color so it would do.

This afternoon I was devoting some time to some digital housekeeping- cleaning out some excess old e-mails and junk in my Belmar box, and ran across the notice for tonight's event.  The next show in Belmar after the Hollywood one is the annual Juried show, and with there being a history of problems with members not being able to properly photograph their own work for jurying, the BAC organized a free event for members where they could get some tips get a piece shot.  Since my photo software is still not operating, I realized this could be a good opportunity to deal with an immediate need.  (for that next show I'll be submitting the brick rubble piece- shot to be submitted to last year's show and that jpeg is still on my computer) So I went up to the Studio to color my Godfather print.

That time of day the building was pretty empty, but Molly was around, working on something related to her part of the coming Winterfest.  We compared notes and then got to our respective tasks.  I had spent a few minutes looking at film stills online before coming up, so it was simple select some colors  and start applying them.  The whole thing was done within the hour.



Stopped by the Boatworks on the way home, to verify information about the evening activity.  About an hour later I was back for the event.  Learned nothing about photographing I didn't already know (been doing this for close to 30 years) and if I had the program I needed on my computer it would have been done in about 10 minutes.  I ended up last on the list for the night, but eventually I was taken care of.  The image will be e-mailed to me in the coming days, and when it is, I'll also include it here.  (and there is is, above) And all this running around to accomplish such a routine task is a good incentive to resolve this for myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home