Saturday, June 18, 2016

Supermarket Battle part 9



What to do with a Saturday off from work?  Had no deadlines to deal with, but I do have some blocks in progress so I had something to work on.  Still just sketching, and I could have done that at home, but the Studio is actually more comfortable on days like this, with the coolness of that basement, and the humidity of the summer not yet arrived.  So in the afternoon I took a ride up there, put on some music, and did just a little more sketching. This included some more details (turning some of the background into specified shapes of romaine lettuce, etc) and roughing in some more value sections (taking cues from the first print in this series, also set in the produce section of the same chain, but more than 40 years earlier).  I'll probably sit on it for a few days, but if I don't come up with any other ideas, it's probably time to start cutting this thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home