Friday, May 27, 2016

Old Master Preparation



The Belmar Arts Council is squeezing in a bunch of shows this summer.  The previous one, a youth art show about texture, was only open for about 2 weeks, and officially ended today.  Next up is the "Old Masters" show I wrote about several days ago.  A few years ago they switched from show entries being brought to the Boatworks on Friday night and early Saturday (and filling out entry forms and paying fees at that time) to doing all the registration in advance online.  Thus I had done the registration at the beginning of the week, but I still had to get the piece ready and bring it in.  Normally we still do the artwork intake on a Saturday, and we will have that tomorrow, but with this weekend being Memorial Day weekend, and Belmar being what it is, it was decided to allow artists to drop off work today as well.

So this morning I took the wooden frame I had picked up in Manasquan last week, removed the charcoal drawing I had in it, and put this ink wash drawing in its place.  And I drove it to the Boatworks  today, arriving at about 1:00 pm, the time they were scheduled to open today and that we could begin dropping off artwork.  Not surprisingly, I was not the only one there.  I think I heard that there will be about 40 pieces in this show, but I'll get the exact number later.  The show opens on June 1st (Wednesday), but the reception will be on Saturday, June 4th.  The show will run to June 24th, wo unlike the kids, we get 3 weeks on the wall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home