Wednesday, April 06, 2016

2016 Art School Tournament Concludes


The annual NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament wrapped up on Monday night, but life kept me too busy to do my update until tonight.  In this final weekend I had two of my art schools make the Final Four, and 3 of the schools I picked for the Final Four on my brackets still active.  On the first night, the one team I hadn't picked, Syracuse, was also one of my art schools left.  They had gotten further than anyone had expected, but they finally lived up to their #10 seed.  On the other hand, Villanova absolutely crushed their opponent in the semi-final, expanding their lead to 40 points before it was over.  The final round match on Monday was much more competitive, with North Carolina getting a 3 point shot that seemed to be an accident, to tie the game with 4 seconds left, then Villanova getting back down the court to win it with their own 3 point shot.  Made me happy for two reasons- first I had to get to bed and didn't want to wait through an overtime period, and second because I had picked the winner (and their opponent) in my brackets, which I have since read very few other people had done. Plus, it was one of my art schools.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home