Saturday, March 19, 2016

Two Traditions





Late in the morning I packed up my piece for the juried show in Belmar and headed to the car.  While waiting for the car to warm up I called my photo contact, reaching her.  The latest plan is to talk by phone on Sunday.  The hope is that all the various things downloaded since January have brought us to the point where our computers are more or less compatible and I can finally do all this on my own. With that settled, I drove to Belmar.  Dropped off my framed print for the show.  The plan is that the show opens to public on Wednesday, what is typically called a soft opening.  The official opening reception will be Saturday, April 2nd.  This is 12th Annual Juried Art show.  I joined the BAC in time to be part of the 2nd annual show (before we had moved into the Boatworks) and have been included in every one since then.

Around the corner (on Main Street) is a small Italian place, so I dropped by in search of a St Joseph's zeppole, as today is that day.  They didn't have one at the time but told me they were in the works, so I swung back a little later.  Just the custard filled, but those are tasty, too, so I got one of those and spared myself from driving around from place to place looking for one.  For dinner tonight I had a classic Italian meal, fettuccine with a bolognese style meat sauce, and the zeppole for dessert.  The image above shows a cannoli cream filled pastry, as I'm still at least one day away from being able to download images from my camera, so this shot is a file photo from last year's meal.  You get the idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home