Saturday, March 05, 2016

Business in Belmar



It seems like the Hollywood themed show just got started and already it's time for the next show.  I'm not exaggerating here.  The application deadline for the next show in Belmar, the annual Juried Show, is Sunday or Monday (different places list it differently), just a day or two after the opening reception of the current Hollywood show.  So this afternoon I submitted something, the most recent supermarket print (the brick one above) since my camera and my computer still aren't getting along, but I had this image (with its properly titled file) left over from last year's show, and it's a good print.  So that went out this afternoon, because I knew I'd be at the gallery shortly after and would be paying  the fee.  I do have a framed copy of this print currently hanging in the show in Ocean Grove, but one of the advantages of printmaking is being able to have a piece in more than one place at a time.



And then I was in Belmar for the opening of the current Hollywood themed show.  I have my colored version of my Godfather themed print (see above) in the show, so brought some cannoli cookies as my contribution to the refreshment table.  There are 37 total pieces, wide variety of media.  We had a decent crowd show up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home