Monday, February 29, 2016

Winter Festival Continues


Of course, the festival is officially over now, but its effects may continue for a while.  During the afternoon I went up to the Studio to use the space for a teaching related function (cleaning the sand from all the shells I picked up yesterday) and saw Brendan in the upstairs hall.  So I asked him if they were pleased with the event.  He said absolutely yes.  He didn't have exact numbers, but he felt that overall attendance was up, which seems likely, as last year we had snow storms on the first and last days of the festival.  He thinks that opportunities for the resident artists will increase, and general interaction among the people in the building.  All the people who have been there for years I know, but I met a bunch of new people for the first time this weekend, mostly at the Friday night opening reception.

As for opportunities, one such thing from yesterday got a little closer.  Had a Studio visit yesterday from someone putting together a small group exhibition with a beach theme, expressing an interest specifically in my boardwalk prints.  Today I received an e-mail with an official invitation to be part of the group.  This won't be until December, but that's just more time to get something else done.  (Names and other details will follow as things get closer.)  Yesterday I had a few people suggest the possibility of commissioning prints.  Haven't heard from any of them yet, but they all know where to find me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home