Saturday, February 20, 2016

Getting Closer


About a week away from the Winter Art Festival up at the Studio.  I stopped by up there briefly for two reasons.  The Sunday of that weekend includes an open studio event, and assuming people make it down to the basement, it's good if they can see something being worked on.  It's educational, and seeing those aspects of the process just might encourage a sale or two.  One option is to work on the unfinished Asbury Park boardwalk print.  Being right there within walking distance of the location could spark some interest, and for people from Asbury Park, nothing is more interesting than Asbury Park.  The downside is that what's left to do in that composition is mostly the people on the boardwalk and I have relatively few references to go with that right now.  The other option is the next supermarket print, and with those the focus of my show, might be the logical choice.  Still in the early stages, but I might work out enough over the next week to start working on the block sketch.  Toward that end, today I prepared the block.  With the birch I have, that just means cutting it to size.  I'll probably bring both with me next weekend.

While I was up at the Studio I went up to the first floor.  As I was told, my show would be installed today and I wanted to see how it looked.  My six are on the same wall as last year, plus one more, probably one of Jackie's pieces.  The spacing is good.  Molly's wall is still empty and she was working on large wooden piece in the basement hallway.  She has until Friday to get if finished and ready to hang.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home