Saturday, March 12, 2016

Back to Work


Looking at my schedule for the coming week, I concluded last night that Saturday might be my best day to print the supermarket proof that I needed for the next Belmar show.  Maybe my only day to print.  So this morning I gathered my stuff and headed up to the Studio.

Somewhere I believe I have stashed away a whole sealed can of Traditional Relief Black #79, my preferred ink before they went out of business.  But I don't know right now where it ended up.  In my Studio I do have the remains of a can of Outlaw Black, which is very concentrated so I assumed it would be enough to get me through this project.  Hacked out a hunk, worked it with an ink knife to loosen it up and separate some dried skin, and then started inking the most recent block, which is the one I need for next week's show.  I had brought a packet of Rives Lightweight with me, but in my rack at the Studio I found a piece already cut to the right size, saving me from that task.  The process ended up taking a long time.  I had enough ink to do the job (a little goes a long way, formulated to pick up lots of extreme details) but a lot of rubbing was required.  But two hours later it was all done, and I had a proof acceptable for the show.  I decided to bring it home, since I'll be needing to frame it in the near future.  This ink dries relatively quickly, so it should be ready to go later this week.  So this job is now complete.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home