Monday, April 11, 2016

Critique Time Again



Got word from Molly last weekend that she'd be ready to have the April critique this week.  So last Tuesday I took care of the important task of getting some snacks.  Stopped by to see my cheese guy and got a smoked mozzarella.  I sometimes buy taralli there as well, they stock a good imported one and I usually get the fennel flavored.   But last week they had a display of a new flavor- SPICY.  What is it?  The ingredients list includes flour, olive oil, salt, wine, and "spicy".  To keep it fresh I didn't open the bag until today.  Still not sure what it is, but it is definitely spicy.


I've been sending out e-mail reminders/updates for as long as we've been doing this group, but I think for the first time I didn't receive a single reply.  Well, two were bounced back by the recipient's e-mail server, odd because these are the same addresses that have worked for years.  At 7:00 pm I was still alone at my table.  But then Molly arrived, and shortly after, two more regulars.  


Didn't do much critiquing tonight, more of a discussion.  We put out the refreshments, Mary updated us on her adventures at the SGC in Portland (that black box above on the table is a print portfolio she participated in), but our biggest topic was around how to price artwork.  We all shared some of our experiences (and between us we all have a wide variety) and talked about various local art stories.


No one had any finished pieces to show, but Molly had a bunch of things in progress.   She had a recent opportunity to present her shadow puppets idea to a funding group, and showed us a photo of it.  As with the last time, we all agreed that we like the idea, but there are still some technical issues to work out.  She also showed a silkscreen image she burned into a silkscreen on Tim's behalf, and a drawing she was given by Gwen, but is still not sure how to proceed with.  And with that, the two hours had passed.  As I said, not much critiquing, but still a very enjoyable evening.  Perhaps we'll have more finished art to talk about next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home