Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Scene from the Grand Opening


Exciting times right now in my neighborhood.  Many months after construction was finished, the brand new Whole Foods in Wall opened for business.  Still not sure why they waited this long (I think it could have been open for the holidays if they wanted to), but locals are very excited it's finally happening.  It's across the road from the A&P/ACME I worked in for a chunk of last year (and still regularly shop), about 1.5 blocks from where I live.  Didn't really need anything today, but I was curious as to what the place was like and what kind of stuff they will carry.  Beautiful day today, so I saw no reason to drive, plus I expected a mob scene and a very full parking lot.

And it was exactly as I expected.  That plaza's very large and recently resurfaced parking lot was jammed full, with security types directing traffic and keeping order.  And the store, larger than the average supermarket, was even more packed inside with shoppers.  Getting through it was a challenge, but I persevered, hoping to find something interesting and worthy of a new woodcut.  (the series is called "Scenes from the Grand Opening" after all, and events like today have inspired a few prints of mine over the years) Sadly, it was all pretty much what was expected- nothing worthy of being depicted in my series.  At least I got a good sense of the store contents, though I don't expect to be back until the crowds are less.  I exited, continued through the plaza to the Lowe's, priced a few things for my 3D class, then walked home.

So no new inspirations today, but I have one in progress, and ideas for a few others, and as I keep shopping, I assume I'll see more things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home