Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Truckin'


Have one more week of school left, and I still am waiting to hear about my latest attempt at a summer/part time job, so I am pursuing all options.  I had mentioned previously that I am going to be back in the table business, and so this week I did some stuff in that area.  As has been the case through much of 2016, my camera and computer are cooperating on a very irregular basis, so you get this information a few days late.


On Monday I continued the process of building a sink support in Bradley Beach.  For a dozen years I owned a pick-up truck and could carry lots of large items in the bed, but I traded that in several years ago.  My current vehicle works well for most of my needs, and can transport a lot of what I need on a given day.   However, I had to inform my patron in this project that I would not be able to bring her with me to pick up the supplies, as carrying both a passenger and large pieces of wood is just not possible in this vehicle.  So after stopping at her house for a last quick measurement and to show her the plan I came up with, we both got into our own vehicles and drove over to the store in Neptune.

I was hoping they would have some 6 foot 2"x4"s in stock, since they would be easier to fit into my car, so I calculated my materials list for both 6 foot and 8 foot pieces of wood.  It turned out they just had the 8' lengths, which required a little more rearranging, but I found a way to get it all into my car and to secure it for the trip back to Mary's house.  Moved it all up onto her porch for now, and in a few days I'll be back to start cutting them to the proper lengths for my plan.



Today I dropped by the Studio to pick up a few things that might come in handy.  Mary tells me she has a mitre saw I can use, and most of the other tools I'll need are either in my apartment or in my car all the time, but some things were still in my Studio going back to when I was building tables there every day.  So today I picked up my right angle clamp and my eye protection.   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home