Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Materials Testing part 2



Since the new ink I bought this week is so different from any ink I've used before, I figure I should make sure it can work for what I need while I still have time to find an alternate if needed.  No time to get to the Studio today, but I generally get to school well before class begins, and we have nice big tables there.  So today's testing was on location.  Brought the new ink and a brayer, my portable palette, soap, and the old collograph plates I have from my Intro class, recently used to show the idea to the current students.  Once I had the students working on the night's project, I was able to spend a few minutes pulling a new proof from my plate.  Doesn't look exactly like the first proof from several years ago, but this process is not as reliable as a carved black of wood.  What I was looking for was whether the textures of the collaged materials would be reproduced, and it was.  Above you see the plate and the new proof.  So I'll order another jar this week as I'm ordering other needed materials, just in case my current ink supply isn't quite enough for this project.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home