Thursday, March 09, 2017

Back to Work Again



We have had near summer like weather the past few days, so naturally we are told to expect snow tomorrow.  Nothing major- just a few inches.  But it will show up very early in the morning and continue off and on much of the day, leading to potential driving issues tomorrow.  So I figured in advance of the snow, I should get to the Studio and continue my boardwalk reprinting effort.  Yesterday I got an e-mail from Jenny confirming I had the correct list of pieces she wanted, and having printed one of them on my last visit, today it was time to move on to the boardwalk food image.

As with the last one, I took a few minutes to clear things that could result in stray marks, as well as remove old masking tape from the last time I printed it.  Then inked it, and printed it.  From start to finish, about an hour and a half.  The above photo shows the two proofs so far.

Color has yet to come, but there will be one other step on this most recent proof.  On that lower print, just to the left of the center line that separates the two halves of the diptych, there's a sign with a blank space.  This goes back to a problem I had in 2009, when I left out a letter in my "ZEPPOLE" sign, not realizing until after it was cut.  After debating a number of options, I decided the best approach was to cut the whole word out, cut the letters into a small piece of linoleum, and print that into the blank space later, which I did.  And I will again for this proof, but I will wait until the ink is more dry, and less likely to get messed up in the process.

So I hung the new proof up to dry.  In a few days I can print the last piece, and a few days after that, I can begin the coloring process.  Having done it once before, I just need to match the colors I have already and start filling the blanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home