Monday, March 06, 2017

Back to Work


On spring break from one of my colleges this week, and I'm all caught up on deadlines for various area art shows, so time to do something else.  Back in December I had some college friends come visit me and check out a group show I am a part of, and one of those people wanted to buy a few pieces.  However, I rarely pull proofs until I actually need them, and I don't have many copies of the boardwalk prints beyond the ones that are in frames.  Therefore, to sell a boardwalk print, I have to produce a fresh copy.

My friend Jenny, who purchased a boardwalk print about a year ago, was impressed enough by what she saw in the Studio and in the December show, to request two more.  Today seemed a good day to get started on that.  In the afternoon I drove up to Ocean Grove (my part untouched by fire), pulled out a block I need, used some gouges to clean up some bits that could lead to some stray marks, then inked and printed.


For this series I have been using okawara, and for ink I went with the Portand Intense Black that I recently used for the latest supermarket print.  Above is the rubbed proof still on the block, while below is the finished printed proof.


Hung the new print to dry there in the Studio.  In a few days I'll go back and print the other one that she requested.  I'll probably start the coloring process next week.  Since I still have a master copy to work from, it should be easy enough to figure out and get done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home