Monday, June 03, 2019

The Narwhal part 7


No other plans for today, so it seemed a good day to get to the Studio.  Some others felt differently it seemed. The most direct route from home includes a portion traveling on route 35 north.  Pulled onto that road, no problem. Then a problem, because police decided to close it down. Saw no problems from where I was, but we had the choice to turn left or right or nothing. I went with right.  Either way it would be a detour of miles- such is the nature of roads in that area. Luckily I know many ways to get to where I go, but it added time.

Got up there eventually.  Lots of cars in the parking lot, but I think they were all yoga women, because I saw no one else in the building, and just one other name tag up.  No problem- I don't need anyone else there to get work done.  Put on a disc which had a couple of Beatles albums burned onto it, estimated that would take me up to about 2 pm.


The art plan was to continue work on the narwhal block, starting from the left side.  What remained was mostly the water and such.  First did the area around the anchor and chain, then gradually did the rest of the water around the whale's tail.  After that, gradually crept up toward the rest of the animal.  Left some bits more dark than others, but the water was pretty much randomly cut out.  When my music choice was over, seemed like a good time to clean up, pack up, and head home to get some lunch. Came back home on 35 south, and saw no evidence of any accidents, disasters, or construction, so I assume they had just closed down the road going north to annoy us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home