Monday, July 08, 2019

Classes in Ocean Grove


For years it has been possible to take classes at the Jersey Shore Arts Center, offered by residents of the various studios in the building.   However this summer is the first time that the whole building is organizing some, and I was one of those picked to be part of the initial offering.  Probably doesn't hurt that I have taught a lot of classes and workshops in a lot of places and know how to do it.  Starts this week, in fact, tomorrow.  Tuesdays is a drawing class, which will be basically the drawing class I have taught at colleges for years, but now broken down into 4 week sessions, instead of a 15 week semester.  That starts at 2:00 pm.  There will also be woodcut, on Wednesday nights, starting at 6:00 pm.  Four weeks again, pretty much like the one I taught in Belmar many times.  Both have enough students that they will run, and I've taught both enough times that I need no special preparations to get ready.    Most of my work has been in preparing the building for having classes.  Worth it though, as if these classes are successful, more will follow and it will be another income.

I also have a third art class on the schedule for this week, a woodcut series in Belmar, but the status of that is unknown.  That would be on Tuesday nights, 6:30 pm, but as of last week there were still no students.  So tomorrow morning I stop by and see what is going on.  Our secretary is in on Tuesdays, so I can make the call that day.   I'll stop by around the time it opens and see where we're at.  If there are still no students, I will officially cancel it.  If people signed up over the weekend, I'll have more things to deal with tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home