Wednesday, January 01, 2020

Art Continues in 2020


A new year, a new blog post.  But art goes on- some things never change.  No one knows what the future holds, but here are some thing art related that are expected in the new year.

Finally got word today that the planning meeting from a few days ago is officially rescheduled for next week. I'll probably go, because part of it is about classes and I would like to continue having them. As with everything I mention here, details will follow once I know t hem.

The cards printed a few days ago are expected to be the last ones printed for this holiday season, so once they are colored and completed, I can move on to the next piece. Have some college stuff I need to finish over the next few weeks, so they are also on the immediate agenda.

I have a number of print projects in the works as ideas, but none started yet. One is an order for a new version of my Moving Day print, the image of the deer running through the woods from construction vehicles. This will just be a copy of the original print (the original block destroyed by Hurricane Sandy), showed most recently in Belmar.  Multiple people have expressed an interest in acquiring it, including one who has mentioned it multiple times (including in a Christmas card), so I should probably get it done- take the money and have it ready for future shows, sales, etc. I also have plans for another piece about a vanished shore landmark restaurant, but I'm not going to talk about that until it's about to start. Like my Circus Drive In piece, it will be hand colored.  On hold for now is the next BAC t-shirt.   The person most in favor of it has left her position in the organization, though she tells me that the trustees are very much in favor of having a new t-shirt and having me produce a woodcut design for it, but no idea yet what they want for a subject of the design or any other details. Can't do anything more until they give me some instructions.

No big shows officially scheduled yet.  The deadline for the next Belmar Salon show is this week, but I think I will skip it. Theme is nature, not one of my big subjects.  I suppose my narwhal print could work, but I think I'll save that for another occasion.  I also have two other new never exhibited prints- the Circus and the newest supermarket print.  I'm told there are plans for another tenant show in Ocean Grove in 2020- these can be possibilities for that show.   As the blog proves, shows can come and go suddenly, so I would not be surprised if suddenly I have some soon.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home