Monday, March 21, 2022

2022 Tournament of Art part 2

 

Not my best bracket ever.  Actually the first round wasn't that bad, with a 24-8 record in those games, though my art schools only went 2-2.  Rutgers technically didn't even make the first round, having lost its play-in game to Notre Dame a few days earlier.  And LSU lost to Iowa State in the first round, despite having a great advantage in seeding.  I think the committee did a terrible job of seeding this time, as a lot of double digit seeds beat their single digit opponents, and some of the higher seed teams only went a round or two before losing and being sent home.  

My second round was way off- only an 8-8 record in those games.  Again, some of the seedings were way off, with a lot of low seeds making it to the sweet 16.  And I don't remember there being as many overtime  games in past years as this year.  I do pick some underdogs as part of my brackets, and some of those won, but it's been a rough year.  Some of the overtime games went my way, so I can't complain about that.

Of my art schools, I now have one left, as Illinois lost to Houston in the second round.  (Not really an upset, a 4-5 game.)  So now I am left with one art school, Villanova.  They could still win it all (a #2 seed), but their next game is against Michigan, a team that was only an 11 seed, but they've broken a lot of hearts over the years.  

I will still keep watching, as there will be some good games among the rest of the tournament.  I have 5 teams alive out of 8 in the next round, so I can still gain some points here.  And I have one art school still alive, so that's worth following. I'll be back here in a week with an update.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home