Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Blood Draw part 3

I had a little time today so I decided to go to the Studio and get a little work done.  After dropping off my stuff in my space, I checked to see that there was no dehumidifier in the kitchen (and there wasn't), then dropped by the office.  Elyse was in, but I was told she had a meeting going, so I decided to work first, and talk to her later.  

My plan for today was to fix those hands. the one part of the block I can work on without the help of anyone else.  As last time, I used my own left arm as the model, drawing it directly as the parts for my further arm (which will be my right arm in the resulting print), and drawing what I saw of it in a mirror for the nearer arm (the left arm in the print).  The nearer arm needed a little work, and now it is improved.  The further arm needed a lot of work, especially the hand and the giant thumb I had on there.  It made sense for where I started, but everything else had changed since, but that large thumb was still there.  Today's work brought it more in line with the other fingers on the hand, as well as gave it a scale that makes sense compared to the foreground hand.  I'm not saying that both of these are now done, but everything looks a lot better than it did last week.  A detail showing the two new and improved hands can be seen below:

The nurse hands are still there very rough, as I don't have a model yet.  The whole block as it now stands can be seen below here.  


I was by myself, but I could tell Molly had been there since my last visit. The rent check was missing, the boom box was set to radio, and the volume was up in the 7's (normally I keep it in the 3's).  For music I decided to go with my home burned disc of music from Shonen Knife, a three woman Japanese band that was well known in the 80's and early 90's, and has been written about on the blog back in July of 2019.  My disc just says songs from 1983 to 1986 (probably when they were recorded and first released over there), although it also includes a few live tracks that seem to have been recorded in Munich (from what I gather from stage banter), things I got from my friend Dave (who I turned into a fan), but I have no idea when or where they are from.  The one song that's notably different was in Japanese on the original record, and was now mostly in English on this live performance, so I'm thinking it was later, but I don't know.  As for why I picked this today, probably because lately tv has been full of commercials for the new live action Barbie movie, and this disc includes a Shonen Knife classic, "Twist Barbie", from the earliest studio album reissued in America.

After I was done drawing I went back to the office.  Elyse was now there, but had no idea what I was talking about with heat and humidity in the basement and the dehumidifiers we had in the past.  This I find odd, as I know what we had, and I even wrote about a conversation she and I had last July on this very topic, with her her remarking how intolerable the basement was and how unsuitable it was for us to work under such conditions.  Of course, her lack of desire to solve the problem may be the result of Molly having broken into the building last night instead of using her key or ID card or whatever.  (camera by the door reveals all)  I have a feeling it may be a while before this all gets resolved, but at least I don't get blamed for it.  

  



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home