Thursday, June 15, 2023

The Next Project

 Truth is, I don't know what the next project is.  However, I did spend some time today in the Studio thinking about it, and doing some basic sketches.  One thing I have been thinking about doing is something related to the numerous times I've been in hospitals and doctor's offices over the past few years, and there are a few pages in my sketchbook devoted to imagery from such places.  I have experienced many such visits, both inpatient and outpatient, including being in one place today, and I'll be in another place tomorrow.  That's just my life these days, and I'm as used to it as one can expect.  I can draw, I can cut, I can print, I can color, I can have conversations with receptionists and salespeople, and I can drive a car.  That covers most of my needs. 

As always, I'll save images and descriptions for when I actually begin one of these prints, which is not likely this month.  Meanwhile, it was nice to be in my Studio and not just surrounded by other patients.  I had stopped by briefly on Saturday when I parked at the building before walking over to the Art on the Porch event going on around Ocean Grove.  However, today I was there to make use of the space, if only to do a little sketching on paper.  Always a good time.  For music today, a day I knew would be short, I had brought with me my small Jazz/Blues book, and from this selected the album Kind of Blue from Miles Davis.  Another one of those classics that has made every list and gotten every honor that music can get, so you probably know about it already. Davis played trumpet of course, and this album includes John Coltrane and Cannonball Adderly on saxophones, along with some other big names on other instruments.  It's kind of surprising that I haven't mentioned this album yet on this blog, as it has been in my overall collection for quite a while.  And one song has been heard many times- "All Blues" is part of my homemade Homicide : Life on the Street soundtrack, which has been written about before.   No doubt I'll listen to it again when doing something more constructive, hopefully not too far in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home