Thursday, May 11, 2023

Achluophobia part 11

 Once I get a block cut, I like to get it printed and see what I have.  So with that in mind, I headed up to Ocean Grove a little earlier than usual, but that was so I could stop and see my insurance agent first.  (no problems- just paying my bill)  Stopped by the office to say hello, then to my space to work.  I brought my printmaking go bag in from the car, and thanks to our recent warm weather, I didn't have to worry about warming things up first.  I figured I had enough paper and ink to pull a first proof of my new block, so I took care of that first.


Ready to print.   Put on my Wipers disc, a home burned collection of favorite songs from their first phase of existence (1978-1988), originally made for my Texas trip, but good to listen to any time one has a print project to work on. (they are called the Wipers after all)  Music has the power to transport to a time and place like nothing else for me, but this collection does it more than anything.  (written about back on July of 2019 if you want to know more)  I purposely cut this block to be the size of one of my supermarket prints, mostly so I could easily use the same frames and mats.  I put out some Outlaw Black, which is starting to run low, but I knew had enough for today's plan.  Here are the results of the first proof:


Overall, I like it so far.  There are some stray marks, but they kind of fit in with the atmosphere of the basement.  The place looks pretty terrible, but that is what the place looks like.  Many who came to the Open Studio remarked that the Studio was much more warm and inviting than the hallway was, certainly much brighter.  I'll look over the image and see if I spot anything that needs changing, but at this point I don't see cutting any more.  Meanwhile, that one disc was enough.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home