Thursday, April 06, 2023

Achluophobia part 5

 

When I arrived at the building, I decided to try my new photo ID and code to open the door, but still no luck.  And my key didn't want to turn in the lock either.  So I went with the third option, go through the basement door directly into the office.  Andrew was there at this desk, so I told him that my ID badge still wasn't working.  Turns out that it wasn't a problem with the way I was doing it, but that the system hasn't been turned on yet.  Probably next week.  He did review the process for me, and I was doing it correctly at least.  I was told that the key still should have worked.  Not a concern of mine right then, as I was already in the basement, and I just went to my Studio.

For music I had brought with me my rock/pop book of discs, and for no particular reason, chose my Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings disc, which has the entire 100 Days, 100 Nights album, plus as much as I could fit of a bonus disc that came with it, The Binky Griptite Ghetto-Funk Power Hour, or over an hour's worth of music.  I last wrote about this on this blog June of 2019.  That was all I would need.

I wasn't satisfied with my walking figure in the dark hallway around the corner from by brick wall, so I spent the past few days at home going through another source of figure photos I have, the Belmar Arts blog, with 10 years of photos I took myself.  Surprisingly, there were few for me to use.  I needed a walking, facing forward character, and most of my photo figures are standing and backwards.  Found two I could use, and sketched them in my sketchbook, good enough for source material. One of these was chosen.  

I looked at the block and decided to start by making the new hallway figure the same size as the old one, so head up by the pipe and feet more or less where the other ones had been.  Also pencilled in where bricks would be for wall behind the figure, at least the part that would be lit up by the light in the hallway in the foreground.   But when I looked at the whole thing, I did not like the perspective of the scene- not the slightly open door seen in the front hallway, and not the female figure in that ajar doorway.  This would have to change.  As a start, I changed the angle at the top of that ajar door, and redrew that female figure, bringing it up some higher in the space.  (as the first time, drawn from a sketch I made from a stilled scene in a 60's era music video)  It was definitely better.  As for the walking figure, made him a little smaller.  I don't know if this is the final version, but this can be fixed.  All pencil right now anyway.  I also darkened the border as it will appear in the final version, to get an idea of black and white balance as it will be.   Below is what it looks like now:


I would say that this version is better than what I had before, though as I have written, I may want to make some changes in perspective before I start cutting it.  I have a few weeks before then, so plenty of time to look at it and figure it out.

On my way out, I decided to exit through the first floor and the main door to try my keys.  My regular exterior key went into the lock, but still didn't turn.  However my interior key (used inside to unlock the door for classes) did turn and open the door.  Tried it again, and it didn't.   But put the key back in, jiggled it a bit, tried it at different depths, and got it to work.   Seemed a bit like what was going on last spring when the keys didn't turn unless you played with them a lot.  Good thing this electronic thing will be happening soon.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home