Thursday, March 16, 2023

More About Love in Vain and printmaking

 Another long day today.  First, a doctor's appointment, but I'm not going to give the details here.  From there, I drove to the Studio.  I ran into Keely in the parking lot (or perhaps she ran into me) and she mentioned that the new cards and flyer were in and in the office, if I wanted to get some to hand out.  I was planning to go there anyway, but now I had another excuse. 

First I dropped off things in my space.  The lease was still on one of Molly's tables, still not signed.  I checked in the office about the cards and flyers, and got a few of those.  Let them know the status of the lease, which I couldn't do anything about myself.  


I wasn't planning to do any major cutting or printing today, but I figured there was one thing I could fix if the ink was dry enough.  There was a blotch of ink on a white window, something that would be noticed.  Couldn't blot it away while it was wet.  However if dry, I might be able to scrape it away with a sharp knife.  Might be noticed by someone studying the proof itself, but might not turn up in a photo.  So I pulled out the proof I pulled last week of the whole block.  Good news- it was dry.  Bad news- there were some ink blotches besides the window problem, very noticeable on the surface, so this proof was unacceptable for exhibiting, and I'd have to pull another one for the show in the fall.  That can wait.  


Still, I might be able to use this one for the photo to send to Nashville, if that is how we end up doing this thing.  Best option I found today for this was to turn off all the lights and take a large format photo.  Somehow this all worked, and the results can be seen above.  Still some shadow on the left side, so I'm not done with this yet.  I would still need to pull a better proof for the exhibition itself, but as I said, that can wait.

I also took photos of the cards (put two side by side so you can see front and back) and the flyer (save that for the day of in April), since I had the camera there anyway.  Also went across the street after 1 pm (the lunch crowd would be gone by then) to get a big slice for lunch.  Had a beer with it brought from home- the only cold single serving beverage I had in the fridge.


 Brought back a copy of the latest Tri-City News, a free give away.  I looked through that while I had my pizza, a slice of what they call vodka sauce with chicken.  More ads than articles these days, but I guess that's how they pay the bills.  (its an entertainment paper, and I have been in it occasionally)  One thing I found was an article about an art show coming up this weekend in Red Bank, a four person show.  The interesting thing is that I know two of the artists.  One, Jill Kerwick, was a regular in our critique group.  The other is Joe Borzotta, the organizer of this artist studio event, and a resident of our building.  They are not the curator of this show, so they couldn't have put me in this show even if they wanted to, but the inclusion of Joe might lead to more art people visiting our building, and that's not a bad thing.  

While I was in the building, I decided to look in on the future print studio.  I saw that the sink I built for Mary was now on all four legs.  Not hooked up to any water yet, but it is standing up.  It was next to the current sink, and the press (on its cart) pushed to nearby.  The photo below shows how it looks now.



The room is still full of all kinds of tools and other junk, so I don't see it becoming a studio any time soon.  But things are at least a little further along. 



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home