Thursday, February 16, 2023

Ocean Grove Reconnaissance

Sometimes I go up to the Studio to do some artwork.  Sometimes I just go there to find out information. Today was more the latter.

Had nothing to do this morning, so I went up to Ocean Grove to learn a few things.  Luckily there were some people there in the office.  The big thing was I wanted to know about Elyse's meeting with Mary regarding print equipment.  Elyse said it went well.  She did talk to Mary, finds her a very nice person, and is sure she's taking the press from her.  (had nice things to say about prints of mine she saw at Mary's house)  Not sure about the sink, but feels she's likely to take it, along with the frame I built for it.  And at this point, she feels it will all likely go into the utility room.   She not sure about the sink yet as it's not the same as the utility sink that is currently there, but maybe after she knows what it is for.  (I think of it as a paper soaking sink, which doesn't really have anything to do with woodcut, more an intaglio thing) That room will need to be cleaned out first, and I think the lights will need some work, so who knows when all this will happen?  But this step is now done.  On the other hand, she wasn't exactly sure where the broken window was downstairs.  I didn't see one on my inspection of the basement, but I didn't go through any locked doors.  Kaitlyn chimed in that it was adjacent to the gated door on that side, but I didn't know where that was from inside, and the kitchen was completely blocked off, so I couldn't go in there.  I'm told it's a double window, and there is no evidence that the inner one was broken, so it looks like no one came in through it.

We talked a little about the upcoming fire inspection, and how Molly was responsible for most of the stuff that blocked a lot of our windows, a big concern when my old apartment was inspected for fires.  The two doors to our space don't really count as they are inside the building.  On the other hand, I was told not to worry too much, as they will accompany the person who does the inspection.  There is some concern about Molly and the contract, but that is out of my hands.  

Not all taking on my part.  I did end up telling Elyse about jambalaya, and she was very intrigued.  Looked it up online and realized it was not hard to make and includes things she likes.  Maybe the next time I see her, she will have tried it herself.  I'll probably make mine on Sunday, so I can enjoy it through Fat Tuesday.  I'll probably put something here.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home