Friday, December 30, 2022

Robert Johnson project continues

 

Yesterday I spent a bit of time working from home, which is fine because I had been up to the Studio for two days already this week and gotten done all the work I was planning.  I had gotten an email from Elyse, saying that the sink in my room was dealt with, and all the wax cleared out of it.  She sent this to Molly as well.  Wax? I don't know about that.  I have never used the stuff, and it's not part of silkscreen, so I don't know why Molly would be using it.  I've never seen her using wax for anything.  But I am glad to have the sink working again, that is to say the drains.  I'll send Molly an email myself later, updating her on this and the card I left her.  I also sent a separate email about some upcoming plans-as the building was talking about another open studio and another tenants show.  I don't know about an open studio.  I have no problem with that, except I have nothing in particular I am working on right now, and the Studio is not that interesting if nothing is going on in there.  At least it's a little cleaner now, Molly organizing a few things before her daughter came in.  As for the tenant show, I can do one of those (I have some recent prints) as long as I have frames suitable for the new prints and can pick up and cut window mats the right size.  Buying mat board is not as easy as it once was, as most of the places I used to get it from have gone out of business.  I did recommend going with the later date (her mass email had said either May or September) if for no other reason that some of the tenants want a lot of time to do anything. 

I also sent Tom the images of the first three items I had produced for his Robert Johnson project, all the 11" x 14" versions.  Unfortunately, the email was sent at that point, so I sent the longer version of Love in Vain in a separate email.  Got a response of sorts this morning.  He said the project is still on, and he plans to be working on it soon.  He loves what I did, and is glad to have me on board.  However, he responded to the second email I sent, so I don't know if that means what he likes is the slightly longer version of Love in Vain.  And he brought up again sending a jpeg at 300 dpi (it was 600 dpi in his phone conversation early this year), which is a problem as the instruction book that goes with my camera says nothing about DPI settings, just sizes of photos and files.  He promises more information soon, and I have questions for him.  If nothing else, I can take photos of whatever it is he wants at every size and send them to him, or the print studio, and let someone there decide what they want.  Once it's decided exactly which image they want.  Either way, I don't have to do any more new prints right now, which helps.  I may pull a better proof of the short version on Love in Vain, just to have it ready, and I'll think about others in the series, but until I have a firm idea or a model lined up, no reason to do anything more yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home