Thursday, February 09, 2023

More news from Ocean Grove

 I decided to go out today, and one of my stops was in Ocean Grove, at the JSAC.  The person in charge of classes wasn't there, so I couldn't ask about that, but I did talk to the boss a bit about the upcoming Tenants show.  Actually part of what I did was give her the postcard from the last show, since I have a big stack of them in my car.  It has my name on it, which is always good.  As I told her, I don't know if postcards are a good idea.  On one hand, they are very useful for promoting things, with all the information that we want to put out.  On the other hand, kids have no interest in them, since they can't put them on their cell phones, and have no interest in anything printed on paper.  She hasn't started making them yet, so it's her problem, not mine.  One thing she did mention was that she has a meeting early next week with Mary Lane, about the donation of print equipment and a classroom dedicated to printmaking.  That's good.  Elyse liked the idea of some kind of new sink, as the old slop sink in that room is looking, well, old.  I know Mary has one, as she had me build something to hold it once, but some plumbing would be required, so it was never installed.  Here's what I made:

And once there is a place to teach printmaking, maybe that means we finally get a class in woodcut on the schedule.  That room still needs to be cleaned out, but that's her problem, not mine.  She also mentioned a broken window on the east side of the building, reported by the police.  Not where my studio is, so I am not part of it.  However, I do remember back when Molly rented the corner room on that side of the building for the table project, and I once went into that room only to be hit with a blast of cold air.   Found a broken window.  At the time I blamed it on the cold and wind that had been around then, and I may have been right.  All I know is we had Herb repair the window.  (this was back in 2013, if you want to see it for yourself)

But even before my office visit, I had stopped across the street after I parked in out lot.  On one of the talk shows this morning I had heard that today was national pizza day.   I have no idea what that means, but I felt obligated to get myself a slice to bring home for lunch.  I knew there was a decent place across the street (I've gotten slices for lunch on occasion), and I knew that they get a lot of business around the noon hour, so I went there first.  Got a slice with eggplant and ricotta, put it in my car.  Heated it up and ate it at home for lunch.  Here's what it looked like:


Yes, it was very tasty, just as I expected.  Essentially eggplant rollatini, unrolled and place on a standard cheese pizza.  Fairly common around here, but rarely found in other areas of the country.  I guess that's why people visit me.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home