Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Back in the Saddle Again

 

Had some business here and there, and decided since I was half the way there, to just go ahead and take a ride up to Ocean Grove and see if things had been worked out with our Studio lease yet.  As of this morning, I still hadn't heard anything from Molly, and I didn't know if the building had yet.  But when I arrived, Kaitlyn said she had tracked her down (saving me the trouble of doing so), and the two had agreed on a one year lease, with options for it to end any time with proper notice.  I also asked for the amount of the new lease, since I didn't think I trusted Molly to give me an accurate answer to the question. It's written up, so it will need to be signed and all that, but it looks like I'm going to have space to work for a little while.  That is a relief.  This does mean I should leave her a check for the February rent (without a lease, no particular reason to), and make up the difference for January in what I paid then and what is agreed to now.  Meanwhile they checked out our windows and sink.  Despite Molly's complaint, the sink is now fine, but it may be a while since she was in there.   The windows are what they are.  I was asked to tell Molly not to break in any more (she really doesn't like the idea of keys), but I can't control what she does, especially when I am not there.

And I was writing this, Molly called.  This is good, as I learned that she paid the old rate for January, and that may stand, though we will see eventually, but for now I don't need to worry about the difference. (if that changes, she'll let me know)  I told her I plan to stay for now, which relieved her.  She did mention to new rent and that it would increase, but I've never had a problem with paying my share.  She would like there to be some improvements for the increased cost (only about 30 bucks for me), but that may depend on her meeting the people there, which she hasn't really done yet. But she says she signed the lease, which prevents us from having to find another place to work.  (Molly would have a lot more to move and store than I would, so this definitely benefits her.)  Told her the next check I leave will reflect the new amount.  Molly hopes this will motivate her to use the place more often, and that's not a bad thing.  She said most of her issues with the sink have to do with the hoses.  Don't use those and Molly does, so maybe she knows what she's talking about there.

The above file photo shows how the place looked several years ago.  The red wall was repainted as gray after the new windows went in and I didn't want to go to the trouble of moving everything to paint it again.  And Molly did clean up quite a bit, so it's easier to get around than it was when I took this photo.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home