Sunday, January 01, 2023

Art Continues in 2023

 

Why should this year be different from all the others?  Well, in some ways I hope it is- I'd like to go a year without spending time in a hospital.  All my insurance seems to be renewed, but I'll find out soon when I start trying to use it.  My health concerns so far haven't stopped me from making art, having drawn, cut and printed woodcuts the past two years.  The big factor is coming up with ideas.  At the moment, I don't have anything in the works, but that tends to change quickly.  

I think I have enough cards printed, so when the ink is dry, I'll color them, write them out, and get them in the mail.  Tom has sent me some kind of approval of what I have done for his Robert Johnson project, so at this point it doesn't look like I need to do any more in the immediate future.  Unfortunately I don't know yet where we go from here, and I have no control over the project itself, so all I can do is wait for further instruction.  I don't even know when the whole thing goes down.  But I have done my part on time, so at this point it's out of my hands.

The only other exhibition I know of is a likely show at the building where my Studio is.  I expect that what I would be showing is my newest work, those Robert Johnson prints, which look to me like good prints, plus, none have been shown there before, one of my rules.  All I have to do is frame them, which probably means buying some fresh mat board, but last I heard there was still one place that sells it within my driving range.  I do have to decide if I want to exhibit them with the lyrics or not, which has an impact on what frames I use.   And knowing what's going on with the Nashville show would make things easier.

Working for the colleges seems unlikely, but as of now I may be teaching woodcut again at the JSAC.  I did teach it twice there before the pandemic, and a number of people have asked about it or expressed and interest in taking such a class.  All well and good, but in my experience, when the class is actually put on the schedule, all those people are never heard from again.  I found my proposal from the past, but that includes me showing my collection of print portfolios, and print books, which are all in storage.  May go there this coming week and see what I can find.  I do have some examples of my own work there in the Studio, but in my proposal I mention the other stuff, and so I'd like to see if I have it before I send anything to the JSAC.

As I wrote earlier, things tend to pop up as I go along, opportunities, so check this space to see what I am up to in 2023.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home