Wednesday, February 01, 2023

The Return of the Open Studio and Resident Art Show

 

After a lot of back and forth via email, it was decided to hold the organizational meeting today for the latest open studio event for our building in Ocean Grove.  My only concern was that today I was also scheduled to get a call back from my legal help, which would bring information regarding my medical insurance for the future.  But I had no idea what time that would be.  Simple solution- got up extra early, took care of everything early, so I would have no problem answering the phone, whenever I got a call.  

Luckily the expected call came in at 10:00 am (or 9 am central, which is where they were calling from.) I was provided with some useful information, and will hear from them again in a week, which should give me time to find out a few things for myself.  And it meant no problem attending my meeting in Ocean Grove in the afternoon.  

I got up there a little early and took care of some studio business.   That is, I changed the very full garbage bag in our can, as I had noticed it was more then full, and today I remembered to bring a bag with me.  Took the bag to the very full dumpsters, barely got it in, so those need to be emptied.  And with that I probably accomplished more than we got done in our planned meeting.

About 10 people were there, including myself and the organizer, with a representative from the building, our director.  A date was chosen for the open studio event, but we still don't know if we can use that day, as there may be a play going on.  (that will be looked into soon)  Those present asked a lot of questions about publicity, postcards, and flyers, all of which are mostly irrelevant these days, especially to the crowd they are trying to draw.  I could barely get a word in.  Also debates about how long it should run- one or two days.  (most favored one day, which is better for me) But that topic had to end, because we had to get to the resident show. Unfortunately nothing was decided about that either.  We have a vague idea when the show might be (fall), but there are still discussions about hanging systems (current system has problems, but all other ones do as well), building security, plus the same publicity issues that came up with the open studio idea.  

Basically they know I am interested in each one, so I guess it wasn't a waste of time.  There's time to work out the issues with each one, and that is not my job.  I chose not to bring my camera today, and I don't have photos from the last one as I didn't have a camera then, so you'll have to just read the words.

Update- Because of a play that has already reserved the theater for the day we had first planned to have our open studio, the date now chosen is Saturday, April 22, 2023, from noon to 5 pm.  When I figure out what, if anything, I am doing that day, I'll announce it here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home