Monday, April 03, 2023

Achluophobia part 4

 This week is Holy Week in Catholic circles, but outside of this, I don't know what is known.  In my experience, very little.  So I decided today was a good day to go up to the Studio and find out if there are any plans to close the building for any holidays this week.  And to get some work done.

So that is what I did in the afternoon.  Drove up to the building after lunch.  Saw Andrew in the parking lot, who let me in the door and confirmed that there were new photo ID badges that could open the doors instead of the keys I have.  So after dropping off my stuff in my space, I went to the office.  First I found out that not only aren't we closed for any days this week, there was no one in that office that realized any kind of holidays this week.  They are even open on Easter Sunday, unlike the supermarkets in St Louis, as I found out long ago.   Then Andrew came in and gave me my new ID, along with the code that will operate it, and explained how to use it.  Okay.  I let Katy know that all the photos I found of Molly are all action shots, no portraits, so she'll have to get together with her to take the right kind of photo.  And with that, I got to work on my latest block.

Was in a mood some mellow soul today, so I put on the copy of U Ready, Man? by Hobex that I had kept in the Studio, but was now in my pop/jazz book.  I wrote about this album here on this blog back in November of 2021 if you want to know more.  What I realized today is that the title comes from a barely heard question during the unlisted instrumental finale on the album.

I started by looking for figures in a photo reference book I keep there, a directory of commercial photographers I believe.  I put on one in the hallway for now, but I may look elsewhere for something better.  The problem is that most of the images in the book look very posed, which I guess makes sense for what they are, but I'd rather have something more casual.  So I may look for a more suitable reference elsewhere.  I also finished the figure inside the door, mostly just an art job, drawing what I know from years of figure training and general observation.  Also marked in some value in the rest of it.  Here's what it looks like now:


Again, nothing is firmly decided, but I gives an idea what I have in mind, and will hold the places until I make them better.  I still have 3 weeks before I start cutting it, so plenty of time to fix the drawing and get it ready for public cutting.

Tried out my new ID door opener before leaving, but I couldn't get it to work.  Either I was given the wrong information, or I remembered it wrong.  Good thing my key still works. I'll try it again next time I go, and if it still doesn't work, ask at the office.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home