Wednesday, May 03, 2023

Achluophobia part 9


It's been a while since I was in the Studio.  The past few days have been taken up with medical appointments, including one today.  However, they are still not satisfied with the CT scan they took today, so it looks like I have to go back tomorrow for another try.  I had planned to go up to the Studio tomorrow to work on the new block, but that's out now, so after lunch I went up there just to make sure I didn't waste the whole week on various scans.  (MRI was on Monday) I had put gas in the car in preparation of tomorrow, so no problem getting there.  The biggest issue was finding my photo ID, which is part of the key to the building, not where I expected it to be.  But eventually I found it.  

Got in the building on the 2nd try of my ID.  Stopped by the office, but hardly anyone there, and no big things going on, so I went to my space.  For music I had brought my home burned disc of Matthew Sweet, written about back in June of 2020, for no particular reason.  On the block I decided to work on all those bricks, and hollowed out all the bricks on the left side of the door and above the door, as well as the wooden board attached to the brick wall.  This is how it looked as I finished up:

Since I don't know when I'll be there next, I decided to bring the block home with me.  That way I can do a little cutting at home if I don't get up there the next few days.   What remains is the rest of the brick wall, the furnace, the Arrabbiata flier on the wall, and the figure looking out of the doorway.  I have plans for each.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home