Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Achluophobia part 6

 Over the weekend we got the official email telling us about the new ID locking system for the building in Ocean Grove.   System seems logical enough, but I had some questions about it.  For example, we typically unlock the front door so that students in classes can come in.  Can we still do that?  And do they have a plan for what to do about openings and receptions?  We have an event coming up in less than two weeks.  And my code number- is that a 9 or a 4 at the end?  Looks more like a 4, but I don't know.  

So when I got there today, I had a lot of questions.  First up was Elyse, a question or two about the updating of the website.  I had decided to change the number of years in my biography, to account for the additional years since I first wrote it. I also noticed a spelling error on the website page about me, and in the copy in the bio.  Arrabbiata was spelled ARRI, which makes no sense in any language.  I thought I made the changes, but I didn't know.  I was sent a Word document and changed it as requested, but the new title I gave it was not reflected in the attached file, yet it said on my laptop that is had been modified.  So I sent an email saying what I wanted to change, and no idea if I had.  Elyse understood what I was requesting, and said it was already done.  I'll leave it at that.  

As for my door questions- that would be Andrew, who was also in.  He wasn't sure about the number of my ID either, so looked it up and it was a 4.  Made sense, since that was how I had gotten into the building.  As for opening the door for classes and events, they had ideas for both.  Once again I was satisfied.  On my way in I had stopped to drop off things in my space and saw evidence that Molly had been in.  But I doubt she has an ID yet (Kaitlyn confirmed she still didn't have a photo for her), so we hope she has a way to get in.  In any case, she signed the lease, so we are okay there.  

Questions answered, I got to work.  Brought the rock/pop book today and for no particular reason, I selected my Gun Club disc,  with the whole Fire of Love album, and as many from a live disc as I could fit on the rest of it, which you can read about on the blog back in November 2019.  Not much actual work to do, but there were some changes to make.  For example, although the new perspective generally held up, I counted and found 16 rows of bricks on the left side of the ajar door, and 17 rows on the right side.  It may be that no one would notice, but I had noticed, and so I decided to make the changes now before I started cutting.  I wanted to redraw the bricks anyway, and now it was better.  Updated the woman in the doorway and the hallways a little.  Added a flyer on the board in the front hallway, with a tiny version of my logo.  Results are below:


I think that's all I need to do at this point. If I want to change it further I suppose I can, but I think it's ready to go.  It looks like a dark and scary place.  I'm not afraid to be down there, but some people seem to be.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home