Thursday, April 27, 2023

Achluophobia part 8

 

I haven't been to the Studio since my marathon cutting session on Sunday, and I have no deadline for completing this piece, but I still want to get going on it.  And today I have some time, so it seemed like a good day for a trip to Ocean Grove.  It wasn't until I was on my way there that I realized I didn't have a rent check for Molly, so I'll have to make another trip.  I didn't bring any discs with me today, but that was intentional, a lack of desire to carry them.  I'll have to rely on what I have there.

After dropping off my stuff, I went to the office.  Elyse confirmed that they had about 200 visitors the day of the Open Studio, and they had a lot of signs up, which helped get some people downstairs.  She doesn't know if the music or food lured people in or not, and may not have any way of finding out.  Her reaction was that she thought the food was successful, and she like the opening acoustic music better than the rap DJ (too loud, perhaps inappropriate), so that may change.  She wasn't crazy about the theater stuff, but the people in attendance seemed to like it.  Overall, it was seen as a successful event, so there may be more such things in the future.  We talked about the possibility of bringing in more free-spending collectors next time.  I have no problem with that, but it's not so easy to find such things.  I remember a Cuban print show we tried to organize at the PCNJ years ago, but the representative yanked it away from us for not bringing in a large contingent of collectors to buy everything.  

On to Andrew.  I used my photo ID badge to get in today, but once again it wasn't easy.  Took 3 tries before the code worked, so I got in, but I thought it was worth reporting.  Andrew agreed, so he took note of my situation, and did say a few other people reported problems, so he has some information the next time he talks to whoever sold them the materials.  Meanwhile, he asked me about a motion detecting device in the Studio.  Never saw any such thing in there, but the company says they installed one, and the building may be paying for it, so it's worth investigating.  No need for any such thing in our space.  The only lights we have are on light switches near each door, and I don't recall seeing any such devices. 

On to the Studio.  From the small selection I keep there, I selected Bob Marley's live album Babylon by Bus, which I have written about back in October of 2021.   I decided to continue with that main wall, cutting out the rest of the mortar between the bricks on the right side, and the rest of the tympanum above the door and the brick work arch above the door which I guess supports the weight above it.  Now the majority if the image is done, though I still have to deal with the bricks themselves, the furnace doors, and the board attached to the wall.  I could have done more, but my cell phone chimed with the low battery signal, so I decided to go home.  I stopped back by the office to let Andrew know I found no motion detector, and Kaitlyn let me know she had actually seen Molly recently, and got a photo of her for an ID.  Well, that's something.  What I got done of the block can be seen below:


Next up is either the bricks themselves, the furnace doors, or the wooden board. I'll figure it out when I get there. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home