Tuesday, May 09, 2023

Achluophobia part 10

 

I had the mid-day free today, so I decided to go to the Studio and maybe finish cutting my new block.  Left around 11, made no stops, so up there in the morning.  As I approached the key pad for the code, another tenant was going out the front door, struggling to hold a bunch of canvases.  I was happy to hold the door open for her in exchange for not having to try my ID and code.  I had brought with me the block and my good tools, having done a little work on it while I had it at home.  I also brought with me my rock/pop book of discs.  Dropped off stuff in the Studio, then stopped by the office.  However, there seemed to be a meeting going on, so I went back to the Studio to get some work done.  

I started by putting on some music, and what I went with today was a 2 disc set, my home burned copy of the Beatles self titled double album from 1968, generally known as the White Album.  It was the first disc I ever bought, when it was finally made available, and I wrote about it here back in January of 2020.  What I had done at home was work more on the woman seen in the dark doorway in the hall, like the upper half, the lower half taken from a still from a video for an old song.  T|hat still left me with three major areas to cut.  I started with the rest of the bricks in the hall, hollowing them out and making a few adjustments to the outlines.  That took up until the end of the first two sides of the White Album (I still think of it in terms of LP records, how I first owned it) although I filled up the rest of that first disc with outtakes of that same album from the Anthology collection.  I put in the second disc, and did the last two pieces- my flier on the wood panel, and the furnace built into the wall back in the 1800's, just around the corner from my Studio.  The latter item is painted gray, so I made it gray myself, my standard way of doing that, cutting fine vertical lines with a sharp v-gouge.  For now, the cutting is done.  Next step it to ink it and proof it, and see what I have, but that will wait for another day.  Meanwhile, here's what it looks like now:


Stopped by the office again on my way out, and the meeting was broken  up.  I had found an envelope for Molly on the floor of the Studio, with a new photo ID and a four digit code, which I assumed was shoved under the door.  I saw no evidence that she had been in the Studio over the past week, so I'll send her an email later letting her know what is waiting for her. Meanwhile, I let the office know I had found it and put it on one of the tables she uses.  Then I went home to get some lunch. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home