Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Blood Draw part 7

 Had a free day today and some things to find out about, so I went up to the Studio after a few local errands.  First the bank, then gas up the car, then the supermarket.  And from there, up to Ocean Grove.  One of my bits of business was finding out more about the upcoming tenants show.  Got an email about it a few days ago, and figured I'd ask Jeanne about it if she was in, and she was.  Found out a bit more about the new hanging system.  Most galleries now use a hanging system, rather than measuring the proper height and distance, and then driving a nail into the wall to hang the picture on.  The good thing about such systems is that they are much faster than the old way of doing things.  The bad thing is that it keeps the frame away from the wall, so usually the frame is sticking out on one side or the other.  We can't drive nails into our historic walls, and had been using long wires hung from hooks on a rail way up on the walls,  maybe even tougher than nailing up individual pieces.  The email told us that sawtooth hangers were out, and Jeanne verified that this new one would be a hook and wire system, so all frames had to be individually wired, but I am used to doing that.  

With all that settled, I got down to work.  Today I had brought with me my collection of nurse images from the jobs section of the newspaper, which I could use as source material.  Just using pencils for now, I drew in the clothing on my nurse drawing blood, a typical scrub outfit.  Also for now, more bandages to show where some previous blood draws had been done on my arms.  These are probably just placeholders for now.  I left the ink at home, deciding to do all the shadows at once, the arms and hands, and the scrubs.   Not much else to draw at this point, so maybe that's next time.  Results can be seen below:



I had brought my rock/pop collection of discs with me with no particular plan, but then I had conversation with a trainee bank teller that made me think of a Joe Jackson lyric, and I had that album with me (my home burned version of Big World) so it worked out.   I wrote about that particular 3 sided record back in October of 2019 if you want to know more about it.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home