Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Getting a show together

Not working today, so I put the time to use taking care of some art business. Last fall I was in touch with people in the art department at Georgian Court University in nearby Lakewood (home of the BlueClaws) regarding the possibility of having another solo show in their gallery. I had one there in 1999 that was well received, and I've done enough new work since then to put together a completely new exhibition. But with the end of the semester coming fast and the holidays right behind that I didn't have time to put together a proper packet, and I figured the faculty there would be in the same position and not have time to evaluate it. So I told the gallery coordinator that I'd send it at the beginning of the next semester, and that's here now. The first step was putting together a page of slides. I wanted a representative set of post 1999 work. I found 4 slides each from my various series related to saints, supermarkets, and Ecclesiastes, and 8 more of various unrelated works. Some needed new labels, quickly produced on the computer. Then a cover letter and an artist statement were typed. Still need to update the resume and address the mailing and return envelopes, but by this time it was late in the evening, so those items can wait until tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home