Wednesday, March 21, 2007

A Roadie Debut

Today is the beginning of the 2007 Southern Graphics Council annual conference, this year in Kansas City. I won't be attending this time around, but I will be represented by this recent print, Everyone Enjoys a 'Roadie' on the Train. I produced the edition this past December to be part of a group folio called "A Clever Means", organized by Nancy Palmeri of UT-Arlington. I don't know exactly where the folio will be exhibitied, but if you're at SGC, look around and it will be somewhere. Lots of cool artists in this one, including some of the Outlaws, so worth pursuing.

We weren't given a specific theme, leaving me free to select subject matter, so I chose an idea I've wanted to work with for a while, the widespread open consumption of alcohol on local commuter trains. Not exactly legal sanctioned, not actually prevented either. This is known as having a roadie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home